What an amazing week of inspiration we have had this Valentine’s week. We saw a record number of new men dropping to their knees to pop the question to their unexpecting girlfriends who of course said ‘yes’. It’s an exciting time of the year and one where we need a little advice on what to look for and some tips on choosing your engagement ring and wedding bands.
The lovely Temelli Jewellers offer us some great tips on buying your rings.
- Rings can be custom designed and made, to ensure the ring you receive is exactly what you envisage.
- Trying on different settings will give you an idea of what suits you best and what you prefer.
- Before deciding on your ring, think about your wedding band – as these two rings will be worn side by side and need to complement each other. Finding wedding bands can be a dilemma if the engagement ring is a unique size or shape, however manufacturing jewellers offer a customised service where they create a band that fits and enhances the ring. It is no more expensive to have a ring made than to buy an existing ring.
- Rings should be made with a solid band, not hollowed out, and stones should be set into individual settings. Cast or cheap machine made, poorly alloyed gold and poorly set rings will not last over time.
- Couples should also look at after-sales service and enquire about how to maintain the rings for their lifetime.
- Enquire with your jeweller what type of insurance they can offer you on your rings, as the premiums are usually better than generic insurance companies and tailored to cover loss and damage worldwide.
TOP TIP: An extended lay-by payment system for wedding rings, does allow couples to secure a price. This is particularly important at present considering that gold and other metals are constantly increasing in price. Mens rings can be made in 9ct, 14ct, 18ct gold and a variety of other metals including titanium, palladium and platinum. Today, many couples spend between two to three thousand dollars on their wedding bands – a suitable budget for a diamond set ladies wedder and a solid mens wedder
Temelli Jewellery ignites customers’ passions highlighting a search for quality that is reflected in the jewellery. Temelli Jewellery is synonymous with style, and in the past prominent celebrities such as Jennifer Hawkins, Rachael Finch, Jesinta Campbell, Tracey Grimshaw, Kelly Landry & Livinia Nixon have donned exclusive Temelli creations.
Ph: 259 Collins Street, Melbourne: 03 9639 5556